Sessions invitées: MSP2
Problème du genre en sciences et technologies
Prof. Nouzha EL YACOUBI, University Mohammed V Rabat, Morocco
- I am currently a full professor of Mathematics in the Mathematics Department, Faculty of Sciences, University Mohammed V Rabat-Agdal, Morrocco. I am the Director of the "Operator Theory group" of the laboratory "Analysis and its Applications" and Deputy executive Director of "Africa Mathematics Annals (AFMA) since 2010. I got my "Doctorat d'Etat" (PhD) in pure Mathematics from the University Mohammed V Rabat-Agdal, Morocco (1995), "Doctorat 3ième cycle" (1978), and Licence (1974) in pure mathematics.
- I started my career as a mathematics secondary teacher (1974) then I moved in 1978 as lecturer to the ENS ( Ecole Normale supérieure) Souissi-Rabat, where I have been the head of the mathematics department during two years.
- During the period 1978-1986, I have been appointed as:
- member of the National Committee of authors of mathematics books in Arabic for secondary and high schools.
- member of the French-Moroccan and also the Belgium-Moroccan Supervising Committees for secondary and high schools teachers training.
- member of the National Committee of "Agrégation Marocaine de Mathématiques" and member of the "Moroccan Mathematics Aggregation Jury during 4 years
- member of the National Committee of selection of African students to be granted by Moroccan scholarships since 1983
- full member of TWOWS (Third World Organization of Women in Sciences) since its creation.
- In 1986, I moved to the Faculty of Sciences and ensured there the position of senior lecture and full professor until now.
- I have been elected :
- In 1990 as member of the Executive Committee of the Moroccan mathematical Society (SMM)
- In 1990, as Member of the AMUPAMO (African Mathematical Union Commission on Pan African Mathematics Olympiads)
- In 1995, as President of AMUPAMO
- In 2004, as AMU Secretary General and AMUPAMO President until 2009
- In 2013, as AMU Vice President and AMMSI Regional coordinator for North Africa
- I have been invited in many mathematics departments through the world. I have in particular contributed with lectures at the Master and Doctorate level in many countries in Africa and I have collaborated in supervising doctorate dissertations and participating or chairing Jury dissertations as well through Africa.
- Ten years ago I have been interested by Mathematics Education: the role of ICT in improving teaching and learning, quality assurance, LMD reform, mathematical creativity, gender and mathematics education etc.
- I have contributed with presentations in various international conferences, in particular on gender and mathematics education, in Maputo in 2008, Bamako in 2011, Ouagadougou in 2012 and in Seoul in ICME 12 during a plenary session, as keynote speaker in the 7th SMTE in Muscat , Sultanat Oman, in November 2012, in 2013 in Abuja during the Pan African Congress for Mathematicians (PACOM)